Monday, June 30, 2014

Learning to blog

Digital Native or Digital Immigrant?

I consider myself to be somewhere in between both. Yes, I am more familiar with technology than my mother however am not quite up to date with iPads, Twitter, Snap chatting, etc. Today's technology is so common for most of our students and comes easy to them, whereas many of us need to learn the skill. I like technology and hope to use it more but do not want to become so reliant on technology (phones, iPads, etc) like many young people today.

What would you call a person who falls in the middle? Digital Native in Training?

Below are some links/resources I found interesting when researching Digital Natives and Technology:

Dr. Bogad's Media Literacy Blog

New terms in the dictionary

digital native

The life of a Digital Immigrant (article)

Top 12 Ways Technology has Changed Education

  Blogging Terms for Teachers and Students

 Check out the video below. Ellen speaks truthfully about today's children being Digital Natives and knowing technology almost better than some adults.


No comments:

Post a Comment