Monday, June 30, 2014

A little bit about me..


My name is Melissa Amaral and I am currently enrolled in the TESL program. After completing the Media Literacy class I will have completed all of my course requirements! It has taken me almost 5 years to do this. For the past six years I have been a special education teacher at the East Bay MET high school in Newport, RI but this summer I accepted a position at an elementary  school in Fall River. I am excited for the change and am looking forward to pursuing my original teaching dreams of working at an elementary school. I think the information learned in this class will help me engage the new students that I will be working with.

My summer started last Wednesday at 12pm and I am hoping that it will not fly by! I started it off with a short trip to the Cape with my boyfriend. We went to Provincetown on Friday and toured the Pilgrim Monument and museum and walked on Commercial St. Ptown was a beautiful place that I would like to visit again. Aside from this short trip, I do not have any big plans. I will be tutoring a few days a week, studying for the ESL Praxis, attending professional development, spending time with family and friends,  and possibly go camping for a few days. In addition, I plan to be spending more time outside with my dog, going to the beach, and enjoying bike rides on the bike path in Bristol.

No comments:

Post a Comment